Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hello Bonners

Hello Bonners-

I am writing from a small home in Batahola, spending the night with Todd's old host family. It is across the street from a basketball court--and a cultural/education center that was started by an American nun many years ago. I feel as if we found our long-term partner for the enrichment grant/project.

Ironically, we toured this Center two days ago. They run a number of amazing progams--including a scholarship program for poor college students, who them complete community service at the Center; sound familiar? I would write more--but I don't want to be rude to my host family. If you get a chance--google Batahola Cultural Center. You may get here sooner than you think:)

Adios.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of you guys! It sounds like you are learning so much. I can't until you get back and I get to hear these stories in person, because reading them here already makes me feel like I am sorta-kinda there!

    Excited for the next post,
    Sejour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you all!!! You guys better be feeling talkative when we pick you up from the airport! Hope you're all well!!

    ReplyDelete